Topics

Monday, January 27, 2014

Tender Moments

Will caught Hudson and I in the midst of a tender moment yesterday afternoon.  We were snuggled together having a chat.

I needed to soak in that moment. In fact, it had been a sweet weekend.  He had hugged me several times and said, "Do you love this Mommy?"  Melt my heart.

The reality is that the past week has been really tough.  Will has been working 13 hour days.  Hudson has completely stopped napping.  "Rest" time has become a battle.  He has had difficulty obeying me, and my patience has been paper thin.  Not to mention the constant talking back and arguing that comes with being 3.  I feel like my emotional tank is remaining on empty.  I often respond to him in frustration and anger.

Hudson is a strong willed child.  He would rather take the punishment and do what he wants than obey.  I pray one day he is gripped by the gospel of Jesus and that his strong willed personality will be used to do damage against the enemy and bring glory to Christ.

Until then, I need to pray without ceasing, drink lots of coffee, soak in His Word, and keep my friends close!  I also need to remember these sweet moments.   I love this boy so very much.  I would never trade him for anyone else.  Grateful that God gave us each other.


He changed my entire life in one day.  In an instant, love became more scary, messy, hard, and beautiful.  To this day, he challenges me more than anyone ever has.  Oh, but it is so worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment