Topics

Monday, January 27, 2014

Clara-16 months

Clara-16 months.

She weighed 20 pounds at her 15 month check up at 16 months.  She was also short, but I can't remember the length.

Loves animals.  Seriously, squeals when she sees one!

Likes to draw, flip through books, build with blocks, play kitchen, and cuddle her doll.

Says daddy, mama, hot, bye bye, bubble, what's that.

Points to body parts when asked, but gets it wrong most of the time.

Signs for more and all done and shakes her head for yes and no.

Follows simple commands.

Walks fast and everywhere.

Is sleeping from 7 to around 7...sometimes earlier and sometimes later.

Sometimes takes two naps, depending on what time she gets up.  She could survive one one.

Loves to dance to music and clap her hands.

Gives kisses, hugs, waves, blows kisses, and high fives.

Is obsessed with big brother.

Cries when I leave her, but then has fun without me!


I feel like Clara is often overshadowed by Huds.  I naturally plan for him more and interact with him the most.  She just tags along, and she is great at it.  She naturally adapts to whatever we are doing.  I am grateful for that. She is not as busy as Hudson was at this age.  I can plop her down in front of something, and she will stay and enjoy it.

This is a fun stage. I love seeing her emerge into her own personality and take in the world around her.  Everything is new and an adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment