Topics

Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter

I am sad to say that we did not do a great job for preparing our hearts for Easter.  I know there is grace for all of this.  I know.....yet I struggle with failure.  It is easy to compare--especially with blogs, Facebook  and Pinterest at my fingertips.  I pinned my share of resurrection eggs, empty tomb rolls, Easter trees, and so on and so on.  It just didn't happen this year.  Hudson never even made it to an Easter egg hunt.   I have to remind myself that it is ok.  My children are happy.  They know they are loved.  We talk about Jesus.  There is always next year.

We did have a god Easter weekend.  We spent Saturday with my family.  Will and I hit some flea malls while my parents watched the kiddos.  We grilled steaks in the rain.  It was fun.

I did manage to get Hudson and Clara some Easter baskets.  Though, I still struggle when I see that Hudson doesn't have a cute monogrammed one.  His gifts were piled in a basket I found lying around.  Clara's basket was mine as a child.


Before you think I spend a thousand on books for Clara's basket, remember I am a thrift-er   Those perfect condition books were fifty cents each at a yard sale.


Hudson's basket was full of my typical pre-Easter Target one spot run.  He usually is only interested in the candy and bubbles.


Sweet Hudson is just like his Daddy---not a morning person at all.  Clara takes after me....up and ready to go!


I love that Hudson's eyes are closed in this picture!  He was trying so hard to keep them open!  Ge made Clara's dress.  I was obsessed.  I found Hudson's outfit for 6 bucks at consignment.  I meant to get a bow tie.  I remembered the day before.



After church, we ate lunch at Ge's house.  She decorated the table and we even had poppers and crowns!







And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him.  But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.”--Mark 16:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment