Topics

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hudson's 3rd birthday letter

Hudson,

Happy 3rd Birthday!  In some sense, your birthday will always be a little different to me than your siblings.  It signifies the day that you made me a mommy!  As I was introducing you into a new world, you were introducing me into a new one too!

It has been a nonstop adventure since day one.  I would never classify you as easy. Or calm. Or quiet.  No, you have literally kept me on my feet for 3 years.  You fight hard.  Yet, you love hard too.   I love that you are all boy, full of chaos and mischief, but goodness, you love your mommy!  I adore holding the title as your leading lady!  You are worth every bit of my labor!

This has been a year of big changes for you:

You became a big brother.

You changed rooms in our house.

You moved into a big boy bed.

You started preschool two mornings a week.

You learned to use the potty.

It hasn't been easy!   You and I both share the quality of not transitioning well!  Your dad and I have been pushed to our breaking point many times.  I thought you would never stay in your big boy bed, take another nap, use the potty, or love your sissy.

I know that we are in for many more adventures and transitions ahead.  I look forward to the coming years as you grow from my little boy into the man God has designed you to be.  I love you!


This picture was taken this morning while Daddy and I were singing to you!  Your first moment awake as a 3 year old!





No comments:

Post a Comment