Topics

Monday, February 27, 2012

Easter Tree



We decided to start our Easter tree tradition this year. I am using a blog called "Babe of My Heart" as a resource.

This lady does most of the work for me! She gives the scripture for each day and even tells me what ornament to put on the tree.

I usually try to find the ornament the night before. If I can't find anything, I just ask my talented to husband draw it on paper.

Our tree isn't very attractive to the eye. It is a hodge podge of things we've drawn, made, or found around the house.

Every morning, Hudson and I read the story of the day from the Jesus Storybook Bible. If there isn't a corresponding story, I just summarize it for him. Then, we put the ornament on the tree. He has really been paying attention! At dinner, if Will is home, we read the story from the actual Bible.

I have really enjoyed meditation on God's redemptive story. So far we have looked at faith, creation, the fall, the flood, Abraham and Sarah, Abraham and Isaac, Ismael and Jacob, and Jacob's Ladder.

Another idea I read about is from Noel Piper's, "Treasuring Christ in our Traditions" is using white candles at the dinner table during Lent. You need a candle for each Sunday of Lent. During the first week, all the candles are lit during dinner. Each Sunday, you blow a candle out. This signifies the darkness of sin. The night before Easter, every candle is blown out. On Easter Sunday, the candles are once again lit. This represents Jesus being the light of the world. I want to do this, but my son loves candles so much that he wouldn't be able to focus on his dinner while any are lit!

No comments:

Post a Comment