Topics

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another Hudson Update

I haven't been great about blogging lately. I think it is time for a Hudson update. It is good for me to think through how he is growing.

He will 22 months old on March 5th. His communication skills have really taken off. He can usually tell me what he wants. A couple of weeks ago, he went to the fridge and said, "Pickle." He is a man after his momma's heart.

He loves cats, Elmo, dirt, cars, (real ones) lamps, lotion bottles, candles, light switches, paint, books, doorbells, and anything electronic.

His perfect morning would include each of the following activities:

playing with a light switch
turning on every lamp in the house
anything related to the car-cranking it, rolling down the windows, turning on the interior lights, adjusting the radio, and operating the garage door opener

We are really working on using our words rather than looking at me and moaning. Please, thank you, all done, more, up, down, hot, cold, help, and uh oh are well integrated into our vocabulary. He suprises us with new words all the time. He can say many words that have to do with our everyday routine.

I've tried, as much as I can, to give his day structure. Our breakfast routine usually includes a story from the Jesus Storybook Bible. We then work through the alphabet using an excellent program called starfall. The website is www.starfall.com. By doing this for 10 minutes every morning, he has learned letters, numbers, animals, and several other words. He asks to do this daily!




Afterwards, I usually give him a little directed play activity to do. This is usually play doh or an activity with puff balls, pipe cleaners, or plastic eggs. I then try to get in a little "room time." Sometimes, I put up his room gate, and other times, I play with him. This is really to teach him "how" to play with his toys, as well as a little independence.



We still do our usual morning outings. Grocery day, storytime, playgroup, and Bible study are all weekly events. I usually try to plan one or two playdates a week as well. The afternoons are flexible. We sometimes venture to parks, run errands, or visit the library. Since the weather is warm, we are able to go to some of Will's soccer games. Most of the time we are home!

I can't believe this little guy is approaching his second birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment