Topics

Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolutions

The Patridge Family has finally decided on our goals for the year 2011.

Family Goals:

As a Family, our main goal is to pray together each day. We have a prayer list we are going to go by so that we can make sure we pray for everything each week. We are actually making a prayer closet in our bedroom (for personal prayer time). I will post pictures as soon as it is finished. We also are going to memorize scripture together. Ok, well Huds isn't going to participate in this one. We have almost finished memorizing Romans 12. I picked this one. Will gets to pick the next one. So, how are we going about this? I have posted our scripture memory on our bathroom mirror and in the shower.






We also both have note cards we carry around with us!

Other family goals include taking turns planning family time and romantic dates.

Heather's Goals:

I am going to try to tackle the Bible in a year once again. I made it to May 5th last year, which happened to be the day Hudson was born. Note to self, reading the Bible in a year should probably not be a goal when you are expecting. I am reading a chronological Bible this year. It has been great so far!



Also, by the year 2012 I hope to be able to sew a little. I do not want to overwhelm myself here, so I am starting very small. My goals also include gardening and having people in my home more often.

Will's Goals:




My sweet Hubs plans to read two books with me this year! It is very hard for Will to commit to an entire book. He gets distracted by something else. I want to get him into loving novels. Any suggestions?

Will also plans to limit how many times he says he is tired. He only wants to use the word for true times of exhaustion.


Hudson's goals:




I talked to Hudson about how hard it is to keep resolutions. I encouraged him to think small. He insisted on having the most. So here goes....

1) He wants to completely wean himself from the bottle by 2012.
2) He plans to have accomplished crawling, walking, and RUNNING!
3) He envisions being able to use some of his words.
4) He is planning a huge Cinco De Mayo party.
5) He is excited about learning to dance.


Hope we keep these resolutions!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was cracking up reading Hudson's goals. You all are too cute! I want to learn how to sew some baby things if you want to learn together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to Laura! Can't wait to hang out with you! It will be fun being mommies together!

    ReplyDelete