Topics

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just another Tuesday....

,I read a quote by David Platt that is worth sharing:

"See a world where, over the last few years, more than half a million people have died instantly-in tsunamis in southeast Asia, cyclones in Myanmar, earthquakes in China and Pakistan, or floods in Nepal and Bangladesh--and where most of those half-million people have never once heard the gospel. They are joined today by a billion others who at this moment still have not heard that Christ came to save them from their sins. See a world where half the population is living on less than two dollars a day while you and I, by contrast, are extremely rich. See the nation of India, where there are more people living below the poverty line than there are total people in the United States. See a world where today alone twenty-six thousand children will die either of starvation or a preventable disease. See our dogs and cats eating better than our brothers and sisters in central Africa. See a world where last fall, in one week alone, fifty thousand people died of AIDS, more than a hundred thousand children died of hunger-related diseases, thousands of other children were trafficked around the world for sexual exploitation, and hundreds were killed in an earthquake in Pakistan. All in one week. And yet, during the same week, the greatest concerns for many of us were how our football teams played and how our 401(k) accounts fared."

Wow. I long to view the riches of this world as rubbish. I want to truly say-"Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you."-Psalm 73:25

In other news... My mom often asks me, "What did you and Hudson do today?" So, I snapped a few pictures of last night and today to fill you in if you too are wondering..as I am sure you are! This is some insight in what we do at home. I'll fill you in on our daily outings next time.


We take baths:



We let Daddy sing us a bedtime song:



We get into mayhem in our crib:



We do our chores:



And of course, we play:



1 comment:

  1. I know all about that mayhem in the crib stuff. She flips and flops for 30 minutes every night before she goes to bed! Aren't they something...we have to introduce him to Mary Bradley soon you know... :-) Candace

    ReplyDelete