Topics

Friday, January 7, 2011

My New Favorite Things...

I thought I would share some of my fave Christmas items! I just love adding fun new things to our home.

1) My owl spoon rest:



2) My banana hand towel:



3) A peacock painting:



4) This cool little night light that makes our house smell AMAZING:



5) A sewing machine! So nervous and EXCITED about this one:



I also got a food processor! Exciting.

On another note, since of course most of my blogs never have the same theme, I have been learning so much about our sweet Lord from my baby boy. This week, I was loading the car with groceries and Hudson was playing with my keys. Of course, I had to take them away or else we would stand all day in the cold. I had to pry them out of his sweet little hands, and he, as most babies do, threw a huge tantrum. His tiny mind did not understand why his loving mommy had to take the best thing in the world-- at that moment-- away from him. While it saddens me to upset him, I didn't for a second think about giving them back---ever for that matter! I knew they were absolutely necessary to drive home. I see how God, our loving father, truly knows what we need! We are spiritual babies often not seeing past our most recent desire. Thanks Jesus for reminding me of your unfailing love that surpasses my understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you girl! I miss your insight. I loved what you said about Huds and have never even thought about that (even though I deal with that same scenario hourly :) Gives me something to think about. I am so excited you have entered the world of sewing!!! Let's get together and have a sew date- I have a really easy pant pattern (for boy or girl) and it takes only 1/2 yard of fabric. Let's hang out soon please!

    ReplyDelete