Topics

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Winter Update

We are well into soccer season.  The days can get very long.  I have tried to find ways to keep us busy.  We have continued to attend the library's weekly storytime, along with scheduling play dates with friends, eating at Chick-fil-a and visiting Will during his lunch break.  We also joined the McWane and plan to join the zoo next month.

Storytime at Hoover Library.

Climbing wall at Riverchase.

This girl loves to visit her daddy's gym!

McWane

I am continuing doing "preschool" with Hudson some mornings.  We usually read his Bible story, go over his memory verse, read his book for the week, and then do a page out of a Rod and Staff or Kumon workbook.   I usually plan a couple enrichment activities that  go along with the book, so I throw that in the mix too.  Other than that, we have several learning tools and games, so after our time at the table, we usually grab one of those.
Learning with puzzles.

Preschool time with number puzzle and counting bears.


Learning about the senses.  


We are spending as much time as we can outside.  I don't have any formal nature studies, but I am encouraging exploration with nature walks and seasonal discussions.  I also try to do a little art or sensory activity during the afternoons.  Sweet Clara loves art and sensory time.

Sensory.  We usually use beans, rice, cornstarch and water, or birdseed.

Art outside!



Making bird feeders.

Hudson loves to help in the kitchen, so I am letting him do that with me daily.  It takes longer, but I want to include him as much as I can.






Clara usually stays at my feet most of the day.  She and Hudson are continuing to play together, but she always makes her way back to me after several minutes.  She is aslo quite obsessed with dogs, and she usually screams, "Puppy!" no matter what the animal.

Meeting her Ohio cousin, Gus.


 As the weather continues to get warmer, I am grateful for the kids in our neighborhood.  Hudson usually has no trouble finding a playmate.




No comments:

Post a Comment