Topics

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Snow/ Ice Week

Last week, we were out of school for 3 days due to snow and ice.  We didn't really get any snow this time, although everyone else did.  I think our neighborhood was the only area of Birmingham that did not. We were, however, stuck indoors most of the time.  At least we had Will with us.

We have been slowly working on home improvement projects.  We used this week to finish painting the kitchen.  We have officially painted the entire interior of our home with mostly grays and blues.  We love it!  As it warmed up this weekend, we also began working on sprucing up our porch.  It has always been rather hideous.  A dirty floor and caved in roof were the biggest eyesores.  Other than that, it is just threadbare.  We (Will) painted the floor gray and began repairing the roof.  I ordered some twinkle lights, a new rug, and purchased some hanging baskets.  I can't wait to fill the space with fresh flowers and whimsical accents. 

Helping Daddy clean the floor.



Preparing the roof.


It is overwhelming to think about all that needs to be done.  We have a long way to go to make this home on our own.  It takes time, but we are enjoying the process!

I did several Valentine's activities with the kiddos earlier in the week.  On Monday, we went to the library and made cards for Children's hospital, along with checking out a few Vday related books. Hudson helped me make a heart wreath for the kitchen and a heart banner for the mantle. For gifts, we made bracelets for Maw Maw and Ge.  We also made Valentine's scented playdoh and played with it using cookie cutter hearts.  On Friday, I made a special breakfast of heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes.  We also did an easy art craft by mixing colors and stamping hearts with a toilet paper roll.  We used the book "Mouse Paint" as a reference for color mixing.

"Mommy, I make you these hearts when I love you. Cause sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't, but sometimes I do."

Valentine's breakfast

Heart stamping and color mixing.

 


We gave Hudson a cash register.  He LOVED it.  Sissy got a cute cup with straw.  She was not forgotten!

Will and I celebrated Valentine's with a homemade dinner with some of our closest friends.  It was super yummy.  Then, Will, Brad, Stacey, and I rolled Nikki and Woody's yard.  This was because they left early and we knew they were in bed.  I am certain we started a prank war.  Bring it.







 Hudson likes movies now!  Never ever thought I would say that.  We watched The Croods and The Lorax.  He also is continuing to use more of his imagination.  At one point, his pretend time in his room transformed from dentist's office, doctor's office, tool time, school, house, and pirates in about 10 minutes.  It is a new world for both of us, and I am so thrilled.

Clara now eats at the table with us!  She is waking up at 5:30 most days.  She loves drawing and coloring.  She can make the sounds of a dog, cat, and sheep.  She can also navigate the ipad like a champ.

So happy to be with us at the table!


I tried to keep them busy with a few sensory activities.  Hudson helped me bake muffins and granola bars.  We all played with a sensory bin full of bird seed.





So, that is a hodge podge of our week!  Hoping for sunnier days this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment