Topics

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Field Bag

I have been soaking up the philosophies of Charlotte Mason. I love her thoughts on learning and am implementing them into our home and learning environment.

One thing I really wanted to do was provide Hudson with opportunities to explore nature. I made him a field bag from several things I found at the thrift store.

Drawing paper and colored pencils.
Binoculars -Backyard Safari. Purchased from thrift store for 39 cents.
Bug holder -Spice jar. Already had holes
Edu Magnifying glass -Purchased with a Toys R Us gift card.
3 Field Guides--Flowers, birds, and bugs.
Paper bag-Used for collecting things we find.
Craft sticks-Used for poking things.



I also am using "Crinkleroot's Guide to Knowing the Birds" as a great living book reference. "Bird's Nests, and Eggs" is also a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment