Topics

Friday, August 9, 2013

Kiddo Update

Clara-

Clara will be 11 months old on the 15th.  She loves to clap, wave, motor boat, and give kisses.  She dances.  She loves animals...especially dogs.  If she spots a dog, her eyes will not leave it.  I love to see her pet and talk to animals.

She loves to crawl and pull up on everything.  She gets really excited when I get out the shredded cheese.  Her favorite toys are bouncy balls and toy cars.  Seriously, I never taught her how to play with either of those...she just started doing it one day.  She loves to go in Hudson's room and "vroom" cars with him.

She says mama, dada, and bubba. She finally started going in the church nursery the entire time.  It has happened twice, but I will keep celebrating each victory for the time being.

Sleeping through the night is still hit or miss for her.  As I write this, I am celebrating last night's victory.  The night before that she was up twice.  You never know with her.  Sometimes, she will fall back asleep after crying for 5-10 minutes.  Sometimes,  I end up nursing her after 30 minutes of crying.  It is torture to let her cry for that long!  I just don't plan on nursing an 8 year old! :)


Hudson is 3 years and 3 months. He loves digging in the dirt.  He gets really pumped about earthworms and red clay.  He loves to check everyone's blood sugar with the broken "blood sugar checker" his pawpaw gave him.  He really needs a doctor kit because he always plays with them!  He also is really good at a few games on the Ipad...including Sonic, Cut the Rope, and Temple Run...sadly, our Ipad is currently not working!  He loves to watch Leapfrog, Barney, Curious George, and some very dated Looney Tunes type shows.  He still loves doors, but his imagination has run wild with them.  He pretends that the door is an elevator or that he is at someone's house.  In fact, I have really noticed his imagination lately.  He is talking to pretend people and acting out pretend scenarios with his toy cars.  It is so sweet to see because he has always been such a mechanical kid!

One main thing I have noticed from 2 to 3 is the talking back.  He makes everything into an argument.  His "why" questions have increased tremendously too.  I think he was a little late on that one though!

He can also fully get in and out of his 5 point harness car seat.  He usually will obey, but when he is in a disobedient mood, it can be scary.  If I turn the buckle around, he can't get out, but I am not sure how safe that is!

He has really done great learning his letters and numbers.  He loves to sit and learn...as long as as you keep your attention on him!  We do think he is a bit behind his peers as far as his maturity level.  That being said, we have decided to not put him in school this year.  I am going to do some directed learning time with him daily, but more importantly, I am excited about just living life with my two littles.  It will be so tiring and messy, but I can't get his time back!

Hudson pretending he has a cast.



No comments:

Post a Comment