Topics

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hodge Podge

Instagram has officially eaten by blog. I want to remember all the little stories that go along with the pictures, but goodness I have become lazy. It is so much easier to snap a picture and write a caption...blogging takes much more effort.

Below is a hodge podge of our recent happenings:

We are officially on summer break around here.  This means Will is home much more!  We are planning on doing a staycation this summer.  We just figured it was more trouble than it is worth to haul our kiddos to the beach....gasp! I feel like I am depriving them, since in these parts everyone heads to the beach during the summer.

Here is some of our staycation/ bucket list ideas:

McWane, Zoo, lots of Y trips, Airwalk,  Strawberry picking, library storytime, lake, backyard camping, frozen yogurt, etc....

Will and I are taking a short trip to Chicago to celebrate our five year anniversary.  The official date was May 17th.  We celebrated that night with Surin and Star Trek.

I am also doing Before Five In a Row with Hudson and two of his friends.  We are meeting one day a week during the month of June.  Today was our first day, and we read the Carrot Seed.  More on that later.

Hudson and Clara have officially become friends.  It took forever for Hudson to warm up to her, but I have witnessed some true bonding moments over the past several weeks.  He loves to bath with her, and always begs me to let her splish splash with him.  He has even started playing little games with her.  One of my favorites is when he hides behind her high chair and then creeps to one side and then the other.  She loves it! I  love when he tells her to watch when he does something.  He screams, "Watch Sissy!"









Will has a routine prayer he prays with Hudson each night, and every couple of weeks, he adds more to it.  He has recently added that Hudson and Clara would become best friends.  We desire that they would value each other and through their relationship, they would better understand the opposite sex.  My prayer for them is that their relationship even helps better equip them for their future marriages.  

Hudson finished Mother's Day Out in May.  I think sending him twice a week was good for him.  I had debated it for awhile, but Hudson really needed consistent interaction with other children.  We have decided to put him back in the same program next year, instead of staring preschool.  We just don't feel like he is quite ready.  I am really not too concerned about what he "learns" in school.  I just want him to learn to play well with other children. 

I had fun crafting his end of the year teacher gifts.  I need a washi tape intervention.


He has also been pooping in the potty without us even telling him to go!  Officially a mom of a preschooler...who else would blog about that?  He is even watching a bit more TV.  We now can add an episode of Barney to his limited list.  Clara, on the other hand, could easily become a TV junkie.



Clara has finally started sleeping through the night more consistently.  I think I used to secretly judge moms who fed big babies during the night.  Clara has really taught me that all babies don't fit neatly into boxes, no matter what you do.  

She is eating more table foods.  She never really liked baby food.  Most days I wheel her on the porch for lunch.  Less cleaning.


She is slowly making her way to crawling.  She is close, and if i held her less, she would be there!


She loves her swing.  It took Huds awhile to not complain about her taking "his" swing.  Now, he loves her in it.


She screams at church nursery. She loves her mommy and daddy.  

Last week, we went to visit some of our friends on a farm.






We have also been trying to swim as much as we can.




Will recently took the job as head coach of the Hoover Girls Soccer team.  We are so excited. It is a huge responsibility, and we will miss him in the spring.  He will have more responsibilities all year and will more than likely sell his lawn care business.  He is such natural coach, and we think this is a wise decision all around.

I am most looking forward to slow days this summer.  Limited agendas.  I love the break from all the hurry.


No comments:

Post a Comment