Topics

Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Part 2

I forgot to share our gifts to one another on my last post.  Hudson received a kitchen, play food, pots and pans, a book, and a stocking full of little treats.  Clara received a stocking and a book, but I have a feeling that she will enjoy the kitchen one day too!  Will got me a keurig, Starbucks refills, and the solofill cup for refilling with my own coffee.  Since, we only technically do stockings, he put the solofill cup in my stocking.  I gave Will a book, jeans, a little bottle of whiskey for the  occasional nightcaps, a hymnal, and a cool army water bottle I found at the thrift store.  We both didn't stick to our stocking budget this year, but we had so much fun!

After we had our small family Christmas all day on Christmas Eve, we went to our church's candlelight service.  Sadly, most of our time was spent rounding up Hudson and pacifying Clara.  Just part of the challenges of this stage of life I guess.  After church, we went to Will's parents house for our annual Christmas dinner.  We have Dreamland BBQ for the second year in a row.  This is a fun time where we sit around a beautiful Christmas table, open our poppers, wear our crowns, share our jokes, and just spend time together.  I love that it is a time without the distraction of gifts.  My camera decided to die that night, so I only have a few family shots of this time.






We woke up Christmas morning and headed straight back to Will's parents for breakfast and gifts. 









Someone took the annual family picture...just not sure where it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment