Topics

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Note to Hudson

Hudson,

You may ask me what you were like when you were just two.  I want to be able to give you the full details, so I figured I would share with you a little about our last two days.

I'll start with yesterday. You are normally obedient.  You just get really excited sometimes.  I am working on you holding my hand while in stores.  I took you in a drug store yesterday for a quick purchase.  You ran from me immediately and grabbed a piece of candy and a toy and hid behind something.  I had to drag you out.  It was humbling.  I know parents on the outside looking in probably think we don't discipline you.  To be honest, I am not sure I have ever walked in a store with you and bought you candy or a toy.  You didn't even want them.  You thought the candy was beads.  You just do stuff like this sometimes when you get excited.

We went to Dreamland last night.  You were so tired on the way home that you kept saying, "I go night night. I go night night." When we got home, we put you straight in the bed and handed you a paci.  You said, "No, the other paci."  So, we gave you the other paci, and you laid down and said, "Get out." We are working on teaching you that you aren't the boss.

You are obsessed with  keys, trash cans, and doors. I took you to Chick-fil-a this morning, and you threw my keys away.  One of the nice workers had to turn the trash can over and fish it from the bottom.  You locked me in a room twice today.  I had to crawl through the window and come back in through the front door both times. You are usually a great napper, but you have been in your crib for an hour screaming, "Go to Jack's house. Get up."

Needless to say, you make us work!  We are learning the best ways to shape, train, and discipline your busy personality.  I am grateful for you...my little boy that is so one track minded and in his own little world, but who still comes and hugs and kisses me 10 times a day.  We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment