Topics

Monday, May 7, 2012

Hudson's 2nd Birthday

We celebrated Hudson's 2nd on Saturday.   I wanted to make the whole day special.  Mostly because if I didn't, pinterest would make me feel bad about it.

We came into his room singing, "Happy Birthday to You."


We had balloons throughout the hallway.  He wasn't too sure about all the commotion, but he ended up loving the balloons,especially popping them!



We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Cinnamon rolls feel like a treat, not breakfast.  Perfect for birthdays!






We then headed to the park for a low key party. Well, my intentions were for low key, but of course it didn't pan out as expected. Will and I strolled in to set up at 9:20 for a 10:00 party, and all 3 pavilions were taken! We had to quickly scrounge up 2 card tables, and were quickly setting up them up as our friends arrived. So, we had our party next to the bathrooms in the beaming sun. All the while, 3 other parties went as scheduled in their nice shady little spots. Oh well, we are first timers and we learned!































We headed home to play with family before Hudson's sugar induced coma. We are excited about his new outside toys...including two sprinkler sets, golf clubs, a sandbox, water table, slide, and trampoline! Thanks to wonderful grandparents. aunts, uncles, and cousins! Seriously though, I don't know what I was thinking suggesting family buy him the sandbox and water table. I am going to have to put them on separate ends of the yard! We have had them for two days, and there is sand in the water table, water in the sand table, and a watery sand all over my kitchen floor!









No comments:

Post a Comment