Topics

Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 Goals

Last year we made a few resolutions. As a family, we wanted to pray together everyday and memorize scripture. My personal goal was to read the Bible in a year, do a little gardening, and invite people over more often. Will's goals included limiting his complaining and reading two books. Hudson by far had the most goals this time last year. He planned to walk, talk, run, dance, and be off the bottle by the year 2012.

I'm happy to say we did great on our goals. As a family, we failed to pray together each day, but having it as a goal helped us to pray more. We ended up memorizing two chunks of scripture together. Will read a couple books...including all 3 of the Hunger Games. He also learned lots of self-control with trying not to complain, and in the process, he has encouraged me to watch my complaining spirit. I read the Bible, planted tomatoes, and tried to invite people over more. Of course, Hudson beat us all. He mastered all of his goals way before the end of the year.

As for this next year, I think our main goal as a family is to have family time every night at dinner. This will include a little scripture and prayer. We may throw in some songs or scripture memory. Some nights we may only get in one of these, and we know that sometimes it won't be possible at all. Nevertheless, we know it is important. We want to intentionally seek God together as a family. I don't want Hudson to remember a time that we didn't read, pray, and sing with him.

Personally, we want to be diligent in reading God's Word, praying, and being with God's people. We decided that we would limit our "goals" this year, and rather, we could keep our focus on this! As for Hudson, I really just want to be more intentional with him. There are so many opportunities to teach him. I just want to maximize our time.

As I write this, I really want to check my heart and discover why I am sharing this. I don't want to attempt to appear that we have it all figured out. We are simply trying to raise a family on the foundation of Jesus. I blog for several reasons. Mainly, I want this to be a journal for my family. Secondly, I want this be an avenue to encourage others. This being said, lots goes on in between blog posts. I have days that I simply fail as a wife and mother. We argue. We spend an entire week without having one intentional conversation with each other, let alone praying together. Yet, by the grace of Jesus, we continue pressing forward. We walk in the truth that we are dearly loved the by one that created us.

No comments:

Post a Comment