Topics

Saturday, December 31, 2011

6 Christmases

This is such an overwhelming post. I want to capture the sweet moments of our Christmas together. This will be how Hudson remembers his 2nd Christmas. I never take enough pictures, and my words fall short.


It is with tremendous joy that we attempt to comprehend God becoming flesh for us. While we stay busy enjoying family, we make time each year to celebrate the birth of our Savior!

We started out the holiday festivities with my parents. Hudson got the hang of opening gifts rather quickly.



He had to show Granny every one of them.



Of course, he got into a few shenanigans.






The whole next day was just the three of us. We played with Hudson's new gifts, read the Christmas story, and had our "Happy Birthday, Jesus" party. Hudson is a fan of blowing out candles.





This year we made ice cream in a bag... thank you pinterest! All you need is a gallon sized zip lock bag, a pint sized zip lock bag, vanilla extract, ice, half and half, and sugar. It was so easy and tasty!




Afterwards, we attended our church's candlelight service. It was one of my favorite parts of the whole weekend. Then, we headed to Will's parents for our annual Christmas dinner.

Hudson even had a place card.



Of course, I didn't get any pictures of him in his cute little Christmas Eve outfit. You can kinda see how cute he looks in the one picture I snapped of the evening:



Then, it was Christmas morning! We spent the first couple of hours just us again. This is when we finally get to light the white candle of our Advent wreath! We spent time reading our Advent book and opening our Christmas presents from each other. Of course, Huds was an expert by then.



My hubby wrapped my gift in the Harbor Freight catalog.




Then, it was back to Will's parents for breakfast and gifts.












Afterwards, we went home for nap time. Will and I ordered Chinese. This may be a tradition in the making! After naps, we piled in the car and headed to my family's big Christmas.







Hudson was rather interested in his cousin's disco ball.



The next morning we did a small little Christmas with my sister and her kiddos. I didn't take any pictures. :) Then, we headed home. It took us a few days to recover, and since then, we have been enjoying time with Will before soccer season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment