Topics

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September Update

It is October! I love Fall. It is my favorite time of the year. These months seem to be flying past quickly. It is so true that the days seems to go by slow, but the months and years go by fast.

September was our first full month without Will home. We have been full swing into our fall schedule, which I detailed in an earlier post. I love summers, but I love love the schedule of the school year. I am just a routine person, so an agenda suits me well.

Will is really enjoying the school year so far. He continues to be great at what he does, and I am thankful he doesn't work somewhere that causes him stress. He also loves to do fantasy football, so he has been having fun with that!

We have been attending a church plant in Helena. We are considering joining, and we are really enjoying getting to know all the people. I have been attending a Bible Study on Wednesday mornings, and we have been doing a small group on Thursday nights. If we decide to join, we will be sad to leave our Briarwood friends!

Hudson is going through a timid stage. For example, today we took a class at the zoo. He was scared of the animals, and he wanted me to hold him on the carousel. He has never really been like this, so it is just weird for him to cling on to me when we are out. I don't want him to be fearful, but I am sure it is just a developmental stage. He is continuing to learn new words. He will point to trees, the moon, and certain animals. He will show us his fingers and toes. He knows how to pray before a meal. He constantly is trying to say new words.

Books-

I read Don't Make Me Count to Three. I loved it. If you have ever read Shepherding a Child's Heart, it is basically a practical application of that book. The main thing I like about both of those books is that they give you the difference between worldy vs Biblical forms of discipline. Hudson isn't really at the age where I can communicate with him about the sins of his heart, but he is at an age where I must be diligent in breaking his will.

For fun, I read the first book of the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. I usually make fun of cheesy Christian fiction, but I do love Francine. I also read the final Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book. I would like to note that I read the first sisterhood book way before it got popular. I think I was in middle school. That justifies it. :)

Loving the cooler weather. We are spending lots of time outdoors. If only Hudson would be still and let me read a book on the blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment