Topics

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nook

We finally finished our little bedroom nook. Thanks to my talented husband!

Our bedroom had a little dent in the wall with a window. A vent was on the carpet, so it was wasted space.



Will redirected the air vent and made a frame for a bench.



Then, he built the bench. He made it so that it opened for storage. It was a hard job, so he needed Huds to help.







He painted it white. We had leftover paint from a previous project.



Then, it was my turn. Time to make it personal.

First, we needed a pad to sit on. We found a burlap type patio pad at Old Time Pottery for around 12 bucks. I just snipped the tie on ends.




Then, I found a shutter for 4 dollars, which was turned into a shelf. I framed old hymns to go above the shelf.






I clipped our missionaries onto some twine and hung the twine from the shelf. Now, while I am doing my quiet time, I can remember to pray for them!



I covered an old cork board ( 1 dollar thrift store find) with burlap leftover from my table runner. I decorated the burlap with paper doilies. This is where I clip my little reminders.



Then, I covered four pillows in fabric. I had lots of help from my patient mother in law! Two of the pillows were yard sale finds, and two were ones my mom gave me. The fabric cost around 10 dollars.



Here is the finished project:



It has added so much character to our room! It is a little refuge for me!

The initial cost was the most-for wood and redirecting the vent-around 60. We tried to find everything else really cheaply. The total investment was probably 85 or so! Not bad!

I love my little nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment