Topics

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Motherhood

My friend Nikki shared the blog-www.passionatehomemaking.com with me. Below is one of the post I read called "Little Souls Entrusted to Our Care." It is so encouraging! This blog is a great resource.


“God designed motherhood to be a deeply meaningful role. We mothers have the opportunity to influence eternity by building a spiritual legacy in the lives of our children. Through our teaching and influence, morality can be learned and modeled, love and kindness are taught and received, purpose and vision are ignited and passed on.“ – Sally Clarkson

I have two precious souls (with one more making his/her entrance soon) entrusted to my care.

Two little hearts tender to be formed and molded into a man and a woman of God.

Two sweet bodies to be loved and nurtured so they may in turn love others.

Two bodies to dance with and enjoy the beauty of life together.

Two tender minds to be taught the love of learning so they might be equipped to discern truth from error.

Two little mouths to be filled with nourishing food to sustain them and grow them healthy and strong for the Master’s use.

Four little hands to be trained to help, serve, and give gifts of grace to others.

Two little warriors to be equipped with truth so they might be sent out to cause damage on the Enemy’s camp.

Two little voices to sing together in uttering God’s praises for all eternity.

I am called today to pray for these precious gifts, to create life together with them, to offer a listening ear to the cares of their hearts, while always depending hourly upon the Lord for the grace to fulfill this task. To abandon perfection and strive for faithfulness. To be willing to confess my stumbles and short comings.

It will require frequent trips to the bathroom to address heart issues, wiping of many noses, rocking of sick children, many sleepless nights, repeating the same book numerous times, preparing endless meals for thankless children, and many more seemingly mundane tasks. But when I focus on the goal that they are precious eternal souls entrusted to my nurturing care to be brought up as warriors for my King, then I can persevere, as it all becomes worth it. I stand in a very powerful influential place, one that I want to take seriously.

And when I see their smiles, their sweet “I love you, Mommy,” I know this is the best thing I could be doing. When I embrace God’s purpose for me during this season of my life, there is fresh joy to go the distance. They are part of the treasure I am storing up in heaven. Each moment is precious. Each moment is a gift.

I was designed to be a life-giver and to impart life into every day.

Are you giving life today?

“The world may not applaud us for wiping running noses, driving in carpools, or talking with our teenager into the wee hours of the morning. And until they are trained, our children might not thank us either. But as we set aside our own selfish desires and glorify God by joyfully serving our children, we are pursuing true greatness according to the Bible. Let us do so with tenderness, affection, and with a smile!” – Carolyn Mahaney

1 comment:

  1. I am not pregnant! This entire post is from Passionate Homemaking!

    ReplyDelete