Topics

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Lesson in Patience

Hudson has been difficult lately. He is growing a molar. His naps are crazy. He wakes often, etc.

I pray daily. Lord, please let him take a long nap. Lord, please make him calm and not fussy. Lord, please let him get through this visit. Lord, please let him sleep all night.

Anyway, the other day we were in the all too familiar scenario. He was fussy. We had plans to stay out until around 8. We were in the car when Will told me to say a prayer. I threw my hands up in the air! I don't know what to pray. I can pray he won't be fussy, but it seems like God doesn't want to answer it.

Will told me I might be praying for the wrong things. He reminded me that I seem to be praying for my own personal satisfaction rather than for God's glory. He told me to start praying that I would have patience with Hudson and that God would teach me what he wants to teach me through these little trials. He said maybe afterwards he won't be fussy. Maybe he will stay fussy, but your perspective will change.

Thanks husband for you beautiful insight and for growing my heart each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment