Topics

Friday, February 4, 2011

the heartaches of motherhood

It is a great time for blogging! It is cold and rainy, and I am all cozy with my sick baby and a cup of hot tea.

Our little guy has a fever virus and viral croup. It has been pitiful to watch, and a little scary for us. His fever went up to 104! He is on the road to recovery, and we hope this means rest for us this weekend.

Having a baby truly changes your perspective on life. As I watch him suffer through this illness, I truly wish I could take his place. I would not hesitate to take on his illness if he could be well.

This always leads me to think about life through spiritual lenses….Jesus did take my place. He endured my sin, so that I could be brought to God. I have the hope of eternity and an unshakable joy in this life. This is far beyond comparison of my above situation, but it gives me a glimpse of the love of God. His love is far greater than the love I can offer my child!

I am also reminded of God’s grace while we are walking on this earth. For example, I have put Hudson through lots of pain the past few days- lukewarm baths, lots of medicines, doctors, the dreadful nose sucker, etc. It has been hard to watch him suffer and cry, but I know what I am doing is for his best. I also know that he trusts that I love him and am protecting him.

So, it is with our Lord. We are sometimes walking through trials and suffering, yet we hold fast to his promises. He loves us! He is working all things out for our good and his glory. We may not even ever understand it in this life, but we have the hope of eternity with Him!

2 Corinthians 4:16-18-So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Romans 8: 28-And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose

Thank you Jesus for your promises! Thank you for loving us so much that you became man and dwelt among us. You knew suffering. You were acquainted with grief. You took my punishment and gave me your righteousness. I am undeserving of your grace and mercy.

I also want to give a tribute to my sweet husband. I love sharing this life with you. Even though I am the one home with Hudson, thank you for never making me feel alone in this. Thanks for getting up every time I did last night because you knew I was being a panicky first time mom. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know yall have had a rough time with Lil Huddy being sick and all. But You're such an amazing Mom, Heather. And Hudson and Will are BOTH BLESSED to have you!

    ReplyDelete