Topics

Saturday, February 19, 2011

a day in the life

I am all for organization. I think it makes life simple and peaceful. Being a stay at home mom requires careful planning. Yes, sometimes we throw the plan out the window, but if I didn't have it there would be chaos!

Here is our week: I hope this helps other SAHM's in planning:

Monday: We stay home on Mondays! This is the day I do all the cleaning and laundry. This helps us start our week off great!

Tuesday: Every other Tuesday morning we have playgroup. On the Tuesdays we don't have playgroup, we may attend story time at the library. Tuesday is also our designated errand day. I usually use Tuesday nap times to prepare Hudson's food for the week and to research our menu options. I also may throw in a little house craft to end the day.

Wednesday: We have playgroup every other week. Wednesday is also coupon and grocery day. It usually takes about an hour for me to plan our grocery list, cut, and print our coupons.

Thursday: We have Bible study in the morning. Hudson plays with his friends in the church nursery. I use the afternoon to sew, blog, craft, or study something. I also do a load or two of laundry.

Friday: Play day! I use the morning nap time to answer my accountability questions, and the rest of the day is for having fun! We may stay home, visit friends, or go to the park or zoo. This is a day we look forward to each week.

We take it week by week on whether we may schedule a specific play date, doctor appt, etc.

To help me, I have my trusty Mom notebook. My friend Nikki and I made them. I have sections for my schedule, Hudson, Will, church, bills etc. It keeps me sane to have everything I need in one place. I'll probably dedicate a whole post to it soon.

I am so thankful to be in this stage of life. The Lord has graciously given me this sweet family to take care of each day, and for now, this means I am primarily home with Hudson. Some days my "job" may require me to go non-stop from morning til night, and other days it may be best if we stay in our pajamas. In the day in and day out of it all, I have to remind myself of the bigger picture...our sweet Jesus has entrusted us with this little life. Our desire is for him to grow up and be a man after God's own heart. We know some mommies have to work, but the Lord has provided us a way for me to stay home and spend my days bringing him up in the care and instruction of the Lord. So yes, there are days that are HARD, but there are soooo many days that are just a BLAST! I have to remind myself it is ok to have fun. It is ok to spend an hour in the floor with blocks. I know all too soon this chubby faced little guy won't fit in my arms anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I have to give you props girl caused as "organized" as i like to be, i have failed at having a good routine. I'm doing good to get ONE chore done each day. Riley wont take his naps anywhere but on me...he wakes up if i lay him down so i can't get anything done then. He wants attention 24/7. But now that its warmer i think i'll try to add more things for us to do together. I really like how you schedule your days. Maybe i can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay BLOG HEADER!!

    I'm envious of your stay at home mom schedule. I'm ready to begin my stay at home preggers schedule but I can't convince Eddie to let me do it.


    Hudson's Blue Steel pose is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete