Topics

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Patridge Preschool







I am beginning another year of learning with Hudson.  As usual, we are trying to keep it simple.  More than anything,  I want him to play and learn through the rhythm of our days.  Yet, I still want to be intentional with him.  This probably is more for my peace of mind than his.

Here is a peak into our learning time:


  • During breakfast, we look at our calendar and go over our days of the week, months of the year, and the seasons.  We read our Bible story, recite our memory verse, and review our catechisms.  Then, we clean up the kitchen, make our beds, and dress for the day.



  • Later in the morning, we read our BFIAR or FIAR story and do a little activity with it.  I also am teaching him how to tell me what the story is about after we read it.




  • During Clara's nap, we do a page in the Get Ready for the Code workbook and then a letter or math activity.



  • I often try to be intentional when we are outside and teach him how to observe nature in a meaningful way.  We have little simple nature notebooks.

  • Lots of books, art supplies, open ended toys, and outside time.

  • Intentional outings and library story time.

  • I am reading "Laying Down the Rails" and am working with him on habit training.

Working on his letters.

Perusing our nature collection.



Excited about learning with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment