Topics

Sunday, April 13, 2014

How was my day?

A SAHM's response to her husband's question, "How was your day?"

"Today has been a lifetime.  There were moments when my heart was so full, I thought I might explode, and there were other moments when my senses were under such intense assault that I was certain I'd explode. I was both lonely and desperate to be alone.  I was simultaneously bored out of my skull and overwhelmed with so much to do.  Today was too much and not enough. It was loud and silent. It was brutal and beautiful. I was at my very best today and then, just a moment later, at my very worst. Husband, when your day is totally dependent on the moods and needs and schedules of tiny, messy, beautiful rug rats, your day is all of these things and none of these things, sometimes within the same three-minute period.  But this is not a complaint. Don't try to fix it. I wouldn't have my day any other way."-Glennon Melton

Such true words for ALL moms.  There is so much richness to my days.  Always joy to be found, both in the happy and hard moments.

Here are some glimpses from our past few weeks:

Mud again.  His happy place.

18 month check up.  She never goes anywhere without baby and snuggie.

Rest time selfie.

Dinner with friends.  

Hudson and his bedtime necessities.

Sweet moment.  

Friday donut date.

Cul-de-sac cookout.

How Clara occupies herself during Hudson's preschool time.

Trying out his new rain boots.

One on one time with this baby.

Watching Daddy coach.

"Mommy, we are in the fireplace.  Now set us on fire."

Sandbox is up again  Now we have a lid to keep out cat poop.  You live and you learn.

She fell asleep like this.

Our pastor gave our kids this battery powered fire truck.  He is happy.  So are the kids in our cul-de-sac.

Dessert before noon at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house.

He fell asleep while putting Hud's to bed.  

This guy loves a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment