Topics

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Looking Forward to Christmas

I have been reading Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotional on and off for the past few months. I didn't start the devotional on the day I was supposed to start it, so I am off by X amount of days. It currently has me reading through the days leading up to Easter. It has been a real blessing to read about the last days of Jesus life here on earth while at the same time reading the Advent devotional with my family.

It has quite a different pull on my heart and it has further helped me to understand that Jesus, my sweet Jesus, was born, as John the Baptist says, "to take away the sins of the world. Our "Agnus Dei," our spotless lamb who now intercedes for me.

In the Advent Season we are looking forward to Christmas and the celebration of the birth of our Savior. Moreover, we are further looking towards to the City of the Most High, "for soon, when thy time has come, thou shalt rise up where thy Jesus sits, and reign at his right hand; and all this because the divine Lord 'was made to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him'" (Spurgeon).

I am thankful for this. I am thankful for my family; my sweet wife who fights so hard to be holy. You cannot put a wage or salary for what she does day-in and day-out. I am thankful for her commitment to the Lord, myself, and Hudson. She is of great value to me and she is far more precious than jewels.

Love You H,

Hubs

No comments:

Post a Comment