Topics

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I am on the couch, listening to the rain. My sweet, tired boy has been screaming from his crib. He needs sleep. Some days, it does us both good for me to hold him a little while. Not today. Today, I know he needs sleep. So, I am letting him cry. It is hard. It hurts me to hear him wail.

It reminds me of the love of our Father. It pains Him for us to hurt. Yet, sometimes, it is necessary. It is good.

"Are your ways, My ways, child? Can you eat My manna, sustain on My mystery? Can you believe that I tenderly, tirelessly work all for the best good of the whole world--because My flame of love for you can never, ever be quenched?"--Ann Voskamp

I know my love for Hudson is a pitiful comparison of His great love for me. Yet, I am grateful for the sweet reminders it brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment