Topics

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a welcomed interruption

My good friend encouraged me to blog about a tender moment with my sweet son today.

I am a task oriented person. If I have a list of to-dos, this is usually what is on my mind. Unfortunately, when you are running a home, this list is never really complete. As a result, I often struggle with not being "all there" with Hudson.

Today, as I buzzed around the house checking off my list and feeling so good about myself, Hudson whined and tugged at my legs. I kept giving him little "tasks" to keep him busy, but he continued trying to get my attention.

I finally dropped what I was doing and began to play in the floor with him. Within one minute, Hudson thanked me by looking into my eyes and giving me a big hug and kiss. We spent the next thirty minutes playing and laughing together.

While I can't play in the floor all day everyday, my main "job" during the day is to live life with my little man. I won't get the days again, and I want to look back and remember more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment