Topics

Friday, September 2, 2011

August

Wow! I can't believe it is time for an August update.

Will started back work this month. My weekly schedule hasn't kicked into gear yet, so Hudson and I have been trying to pass the time productively. He wakes up at 6:15 most days and naps at 11, so the morning hours seem to drag. We have been taking lots of early morning wagon rides. This is a great time for me to pray and also to teach Hudson about nature. He points to everything, and I have fun telling him what it is. One morning, we spent two hours playing at the Chick-Fil-A playground. He loves to interact with other children! We also have ventured to local libraries, which usually have little play areas. I am always up for new ideas to get us out and about. I love that I can broaden his horizons by taking him different places daily. I love being his teacher.

I keep waiting for him to have separation anxiety, but so far, he has not. So, if you are a stay at home mom and people tell you that your child will be afraid to go to anyone, this is not true! It depends on your child's personality. When I drop Hudson off in the nursery on Sunday, he runs right in and starts playing! He will stay with anyone.

He is learning to follow simple commands. He will go to his highchair when it is time to eat, stand my the door when we are leaving the house, and go to the bathroom for bath time.

His favorite games right now are the Itsy Bitsy Spider, London Bridge, Ride a Little Horsey, and Pat a Cake. His new favorite pastime is dropping toys down air vents. He stills loves to throw them down stairs too. I wish he would just play with them!

There isn't much too report this month. We enjoyed a going away party for friends moving to Colorado. We will miss you Kelly and Jonathan! I got to see my old roomie Heather get married. Will gave me a night out with the girls before Stacey moved to Baton Rouge for the fall, and we attended a few birthday parties!

Books- I read Room. So good! Told in the point of view of a little boy who has lived in a room his entire life. His mom was captured and held captive by an older man. It is an easy read and so interesting. I also read House Rules. It is about an autistic teenager. It actually had lots of similarities with Room. I liked the insight it gave me on autism. I also read The Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning. Manning has several books that teach on the love of God. I couldn't read him constantly because I don't think it would keep me balanced, but it is so good to be reminded of the deep love God has for His children. I needed that this month.

I'm glad football season is here! I love how it brings people together for fellowship.








No comments:

Post a Comment