Topics

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DIY empty frames

I felt like a new project was needed this week. So, I decided to tackle an empty wall in our loft/playroom/tv room. I decided on an empty frame wall. Not the newest idea in the book, but super easy and cheap. I can always change it.

I went to the thrift store and bought 9 frames. They cost around 8 bucks total. The paint was 2 bucks, but I barely used any of it.

I took out the glass, ugly pictures, and backing of each frame.



I sanded down the wood a little. Just to take the shine off. Then, the best part--painting them! I love to paint.



They look really loud in this pic, but it is much duller! The paint blends well with our couch pillows.



Now, on to my next project. Tackling our lunch room lighting in our kitchen! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment