Topics

Friday, July 29, 2011

DIY and other home projects

Please excuse my picture taking ability. I think you either have this talent or you don't. Or you learn it.




Will bought this piano bench for 5 bucks. He sanded it before taking the picture. It was shiny and ugly. Afterwards, he painted it white and antiqued it a bit. Now, we are using it as an end table/ coffee table/ toy holder. It could even be a toddler desk. Not bad for a 5.





I also added some pictures and sweet notes from Will into our empty frame wall. I don't know if I will keep it this way, but we are trying it out.







We also finally replaced our lunchroom industrial light. It now lives in the garage.



This little 16 dollar number has taken its place.



It isn't much, but that huge light has been a thorn in my side for sometime. Our new one goes well with our other kitchen light fixtures. I also don't have migraines from standing under it. Nor do I need SPF 50.

If you have the same problem, Will says this is a rather simple project. I love that he knows how to do this stuff!

We have also added more stuff to our white framed stairway. I got this idea from the young house love blog. I love it. It really pops.



This is my favorite. It is from Katie Daisy. Really warms my heart.





I will be sad when my handyman goes back to work. He is currently at Lowe's purchasing wood for my little reading nook. Pinterest has made me discontent. Projects will forever be endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment