Topics

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Debbie Downer Meets Phil Positive

Ok, I (Heather) tend to have a pessimistic outlook. I am not happy about it. I think most people would rather assume they are the glass half full type, but I know enough about myself to know that I would probably claim it was half empty.

For example, I have been known to discuss the starving children of Africa during the occasional expensive meal with my husband. You can almost here the wah, wah, wah can't you? So, needless to say, I tend to dampen the mood with my outlook at times. Just call me Debbie Downer.



Who did I marry? None other than Phil Positive. In his eyes, the situation always looks better than it should. Everything is A-Ok! You know that kind of guy..... We may have a flat tire in the middle of the desert, and he figures there is a gas station right around the corner. Just last night, I was convinced after watching the news that a fire might kill Hudson before we could get to him. Will, without pause, knew exactly how he would save him and extinguish the fire. Of course, he also knew there would be no fire to speak of.



Who knows? Maybe Hudson will be more of a Steady Steve-not afraid to admit when things look grim, but doesn't depress everyone during everyday conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment