Topics

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

April/ May Recap

I realized I forgot to post about April, so this will be a blend of two months. I am doing this mostly for us-just to keep track of the highlights of each month. If you really, really love us, keep on reading.

We have been super busy! I was in a friend's wedding, so we had several things to do for that- along with Easter, Mother's Day, our anniversary, school and sports banquets, cookouts, soccer playoffs, and birthday parties! Sadly, we have not been able to volunteer to help with the tornado clean up effort. I did get the opportunity to pack lunches for Pratt City, but Will and I want to devote at least a full day to help in whatever way we can. We hope we can do this soon. Here are our specific updates:



Hudson

Hudson can now take around 12 steps at a time. He has been slowly starting to walk since his birthday. He can now walk to something and get his balance, and then, walk to something else. He is very proud of himself.



He loves it outside. He kicks and screams when it is time to go inside. He plays with his red wagon for at least an hour a day.

He doesn't point to people or animals in a book, but he will kiss them when asked. Therefore, we can conclude he knows what we are asking. Secondly, we know he likes to kiss.

He likes to imitate us.

He is a snuggler now. I love it!

He says Uh Oh, mama, dada, and bye. He will sometimes bark like a dog.

He loves the pool. He grins ear to ear as soon as we get in!



Garden:

We have little green tomatoes! We only ended up planting tomatoes and parsley, but we feel prepared for the next planting season.




Books:

We loved the Hunger Games. It is a definite page turner. Will is taking them on the cruise to finish reading them. I also read:

Water for Elephants...a little risque. I didn't like it.
Heaven is for Real. I am still developing my opinion on it. I wish it shared the gospel better.
The Pioneer Woman's love story. Great read. I couldn't put it down.
I am still reading The Mission of Motherhood. I usually only read at night, so it takes me longer to get motivated to read the meaty knowledge books. I try to read a chapter during my quiet time, but reading at night is really just a way for me to relax! I am excited about reading on the cruise! I am taking the Glass Castle and The Devil in the White City.

We are looing forward to the summer ahead- I forsee cookouts, pool parties, picnics, and last minute trips

No comments:

Post a Comment