Topics

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 Years



Three years ago, Mr. Patridge and I said our vows in front of our friends and family, and then, we danced under the stars and lighted trees. It was a fairytale. In our time together, we have had our share of other fairytale moments…surprise dates, candlelight dinners, vacations, etc. Although those are great and make up a tiny percentage of our day to day life, I also love when the movie moment stops. The rest of life is filled with those not so picture perfect movie moments. You see each other in comfy clothes. You know what each other is like on a bad day. You fight. You may even witness something gross….like the other person attempting to shave their back or pick their nose. In these moments, I think marriage is the most beautiful. I love that in marriage we uncover our masks and get to know another person in a real way. It isn’t always easy. Sometimes, it is downright hard, but it is always worth all the work.

Happy Anniversary to my number one in this life! Thanks for loving me and committing your life to me! I love you.


Funny story….the Hubs and I exchanged gifts this morning, and we gave each other the exact same thing! We both made photo books of our history together. We even used some of the same pictures. I guess you really do grow alike over time!

No comments:

Post a Comment