Topics

Friday, April 1, 2011

March Recap

I can't believe March is over! Soccer season has been in full force...which means Hudson and I miss Daddy lots.:( We did enjoy going to a few of his games, and we had a great, but busy, spring break.

We started our garden this month. So far, all we have are tomatoes and parsley. Will is going to make a raised garden area soon. We are thinking more herbs, peppers, and cucumbers.



On the reading front, Will and I finished "Flight Path." I also read "Passionate Homemakers Desperate for God." Funny title, but a really good read. For my fun reading, I finally finished the Harry Potter series! I can't wait to read them again with Hudson. Note: I was once an avid Harry Potter hater. I must say it doesn't take long to fall in love with these books!

For April, Will and I are both reading the "Hunger Games." The series has three very easy to read books. I actually have already finished the first two. Great books! I am also staring to read "The Mission of Motherhood." It is lengthy and very meaty, so I probably won't finish it anytime in the near future.

I also finished another sewing project. This project only took one day! I made Huds some play shorts! Sorry, no picture!

As far as our home goes, we did get some decorating done during the busyness of March.

The most notable change is probably the stairway wall:

I took an idea from the young house love guys and planned where I would put pictures by using old newspaper clippings and white paper:



Here is the work in progress:



This project was super cheap. Most of the picture frames were from the thrift store. The only change I made was white paint. The monogrammed P was free online from the wedding chic diva, and I found the old hymnal song! I am going to add more family pictures and some wall art from etsy.

I also started a similar project in Hudson's room. So far, I have old grandparent pictures, belly pictures, family pictures, and little mementos. The pictures are slightly crooked in this photo:





Check out our new table runner:





Super easy and cheap---a few yards of Burlap added so much to our big table!

We are looking forward to the month ahead...warm weather, park play dates, and planning Hudson's first birthday bash! Like I said earlier, I feel like the months are flying by so quickly. Someone once told me that in the life of a mother, the days go by slowly, and the years go by quickly. So true! There are so many moments I wish I could freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment