Topics

Thursday, April 28, 2011

hugging my family tightly

Today, I’m sad for the South. Rarely, are we personally faced with such immense tragedy. I’m grateful to have my home intact. I’m blessed to have my family safe. I am shocked at the damage done, yet I am forever in love with our God-who is greatly to be praised in the midst of suffering. He is all knowing. His purposes surpass our understanding. I pray this storm would grab the attention of people. We can store up wealth and beautiful things, and in an instant, it can be lost. Our loved ones can be taken at any moment. Today, we could be in eternity simply from the storm that just left us. I pray we would cling to our eternal God who bore the wrath of sin on our behalf, so that through Him, we may have everlasting life. This world is sad. Don’t live for it! It promises us nothing! Cling to Jesus who gave His life to give us abundance. Please find that abundance in him and stop searching for it in this fallen world.

I do not take lightly what people are going through right now. It looks like scenes from a movie. My heart is breaking, and I can't imagine the hurt. We are praying for our neighbors. Needless to say, I'm hugging my family a little more tightly tonight.

That being said, I originally planned on having an Easter post. In light of recent events, most of this post is dedicated to our recent weather outbreak.

We had a wonderful Easter holiday. We love Easter in the Patridge household. It is a holiday in which we refuse to travel, and we simply enjoy the fact that we are celebrating the day that all scriptures were fulfilled. Without the resurrection, we have no faith! So, we CELEBRATE!

First, following our American traditions, we let Hudson play in his Easter basket, which contained fun stuff like bubbles and a book. The boy loves books. They will distract him for minutes. We also read some scripture together concerning the resurrection.



Afterwards, we met the Patridge crew at Briarwood Presbyterian Church for a wonderful service.




Hudson was in his Easter best. Thanks Ge for making the beautiful outfit! It had so much detail. WE love love loved it!



After church, we came back to our house for lasagna, salad, rolls, and chocolate pie! Hudson loved the attention from all his uncles.









We missed you Maw Maw and Paw Paw!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, thanks for the share! agreed in the midst of such disaster Our God is a God of Grace & Mercy. My heart has sobbed since last night & my tears flowed, too, seeing all the devastation.....still Father God has a plan and a purpose & I say I am glad to belong to such an awesome One, creator of heaven & earth & the Redeemer through God in the Flesh, Jesus Christ. You and your post are such a wonderful thing to see. May God continue to use your family for His Glory

    ReplyDelete