Topics

Friday, March 11, 2011

Resolution Update

With Spring Break coming up, I thought is was a great time to revisit our New Year's Resolutions. How have we measured up to our dreams and schemes? Let's see....

Will-

Will kept it plain and simple...2 resolutions that were very attainable yet not without Will-power-pun intended. First, he had to limit how many times he said the word "tired." After working many 13 hour days, surprisingly, the word "tired" isn't said often at all! Second, he has to read two books with me. He just completed Frank Barker's biography and is currently waiting on me to finish too! It is a great read and has led to great conversations.

Heather-

So, the whole read the Bible through a year thing has been a goal of mine for years. Granted, I'm sure I've read the entire Bible-just not through a daily plan. How is it going? So far, so good. It has been great for my walk with God to see how he has orchestrated his plan throughout history.

I posted earlier that I finally completed my first sewing project. I have to admit the machine tests my patience. My brain isn't made for too much hands on! Yet, I am loving the challenge! Next up, Hudson's pants for his birthday party!

Finally, I wanted to garden. I am yet to tackle this. I do plan on planting tomatoes, herbs, and cucumbers this year. We will see........

Marriage goals-

We are nearly done memorizing Romans 12. The bathroom scripture memory has really helped. As far as praying every night, we have missed a few here and there, but it has been epic for our marriage. I may or may have not stolen that straight from the mouth of Charlie Sheen.

And last but not least, Hudson has blown us all away with his determination to complete his goals before 2012. He crawls, stands, and says mama, da da, and bye. He knows where Mommy's eyes and nose are located. He can give kisses. He can also clap and wave "your" hands. We, of course, are beaming at the moment at our talented child.

We are super pumped for an entire week together! So thankful for Will's teaching degree. After Will returns from a soccer tournament in Charleston, we are headed to Orange Beach. Yes, I am alerting the Internet we will be out of town, but we do live next door to a cop, so I'm not worried. It will be Hudson's 2nd beach trip, but he wasn't aware of the first. Check back soon for pictures of our little ham soaking up the rays in his bathing suite. You may want to eat his face.

As of now, we are hanging at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house.



Hudson's loving exploring his new surroundings:



Of course, he is mad when he doesn't get his way:

No comments:

Post a Comment