Topics

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Please excuse the Wizard of Oz quote. I was a huge fan of the movie as a young child. I was "that girl" in preschool the wore my blue and white checkered dress with my red shiny shoes at least once a week. And yes, I would ask my class to come follow me down the yellow brick road. It didn't stop there. I still love that movie. In fact, here I am at Judy Garland's handprint in LA:



Here I am meeting the cast...well, the wax versions:




I have really strayed away from the point of this post. The reason for the title is because we spent another fun day at the zoo! To be accurate, we didn't see any bears.

This time we went with lots of friends. We are so grateful for the wonderful people we have in our lives. We are so blessed to have a community of true fellowship around us. It is funny to take a step back and see how our lives have changed over the years. Most of our day is consumed with the day in and day out of raising little ones, but so fun and worth it! I love having my girls with me on this journey.

Here was our crew:



Jack, Hudson, Addie Kate, Charis, and Arden




To bad Hudson was only there with us in bodily form. He made it a total of five minutes before passing out.





Maybe next time he will trust me when I tell him his morning nap is for his own good!

1 comment: