Topics

Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Decor

As a result of staring at my walls lots more lately, I have recently updated the look of the Patridge household. I will take you on a quick tour. Almost all of my new looks are stolen from other people's ideas!




I took two boring pieces of artwork and stripped out everything but the frame. I sanded the wood and painted it with a coat of white and yellow. I then took hooks and wire and strung it across the frame. They are hanging over our bed. We are using them to hold old pictures of our parents and gradparents, cool snapshots, and old letters from our sweet love story. :)






We scored this piece of furniture in the midst of piles of garbage at a foreclosure site. I wish I had a photo of what it looked like before. It was a piece of work. Will did the sanding, painting, and staining work. My job was to find knobs. We are using it in our bedroom. It is the site of my couponing office. We scored the old lamp for around 5 bucks at our local thrift store.








I am pretty proud of this one. First off, we own so many books. Old books are a weakness of mine. Yeah, I am a major dork! I could spend hours in thrift stores looking through books. We found this cabinet door in a trash pile. I just piled lots of books under it, and presto, we now have a new end table.






Remember the old boring pieces of art I tore apart earlier. Well I needed to fill the space they left behind. I found this old shutter at a consignment store, and I painted old frames I found at a thrift store to go around it.






We needed a Christmas card holder. I fashioned this from twine and clothespins.



More pictures of other stuff to follow! I will leave you with this cutie.

3 comments:

  1. I am stealing your art decor idea. Our XMAS holder is just too small. Love that you have a blog---How did I miss this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Hudson just gets cuter and cuter. Love all the ideas- LOVE the table. Eddie collects books too & they are all in the closet- I may have to steal this one from you. It makes me OH SO happy to see those pictures of your precious family in your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! I love all of your new decor. You did an awesome job!! (So did Will) Go team Patridge!

    Love,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete